Illinois Center for Nursing
The Illinois Center for Nursing (ICN) was established as part of Senate Bill 0931 to ease the nursing shortage and improve access to quality health care for Illinois families. The mission of the ICN is to advocate for the appropriate nursing resources necessary to meet the health care needs of the citizens of Illinois. Since the implementation of Senate Bill 0931, the ICN has established an Advisory Board of Directors, a call center, and a website.
The website includes information of potential use to student nurses, such as:
- Education Opportunities: A list of all nursing schools in Illinois, with direct links to the nursing school portion of the website where available
- Open Faculty Positions: Available faculty positions and contact information for job application
- Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Grants: Links to various state, federal, and other financial aid opportunities
- Licensure/Renewal: A link to the IDFPR website for information on licensure
- Professional Nursing Organizations: Information on various state and national nursing organizations