Methodist College to Host Blood Drive
Methodist College is partnering with the Holiday Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie to host a blood drive on Thursday, October 22 from 12:00 - 5 p.m. The blood drive will be held in the ballroom of the hotel located at 7601 N. Orange Prairie Road, Peoria, IL 61615.
The blood drive is open to all community members. To make an appointment, individuals can call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org. (Enter Sponsor Code: METHODIST).
All blood donations are tested for Covid-19 antibodies. (redcrossblood.org/antibodytesting)
In addition to their regular blood drive high standards of safety and infection control, the Red Cross is implementing the following precautions:
- Checking temperatures of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas.
- Ensuring face masks or coverings are worn by both staff and donors.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor-touched areas.
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often.
- Using sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation.
Methodist College students interested in volunteering at the blood drive may sign up at: