Internship Specialty Work-Study Program
The Methodist College Internship Work-Study Program provides experience in specialized areas of nursing care to gain the knowledge and skills that expand individual strengths and prepares for potential employment in a specialty area. The Internship Work Study will be an independent study course that will count as three credit hours. It may be eligible for financial aid assistance.
Questions? Contact Dr Theresa Schwindenhammer (309) 672-5507 or Sara Kimble (309) 672-5961.
The student must currently be enrolled in courses at Methodist College.
- The student will have completed all pre and co-requisites required for N445 Internship and Management in Nursing Practice.
- The cumulative GPA must be a 3.0 or higher.
- A faculty letter of recommendation will be submitted by each applicant.
- A written essay and presentation to the advisory committee describing their desire to work in the chosen area for the work study program. This essay will be a maximum of 250 words with 1 inch margins, size 12 font, and double spaced. The presentation will be no more than 15 minutes in length.
- The student must be willing to sign a letter of intent to remain in Illinois for one year post graduation