McKnight Graduate Nursing Scholarship
UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor Foundation is a resource to UnityPoint Health Central Illinois. The Foundation has two primary areas of focus: 1) Healthcare and 2)Education. In keeping with these two areas of focus, the McKnight Nursing Scholarship application is open to those UnityPoint Health Central Illinois employees who are licensed registered nurses to enable them to secure post-graduate or advanced nursing training and to develop advanced nursing skills in areas of specialization deemed "high priority" by UnityPoint Health Executive Leadership. There will be a limited number of scholarships available to UnityPoint Health team members who plan to pursue or who are currently pursing graduate level studies at Methodist College (MSN-Generalist, MSN-Nurse Educator, MSN-Nurse Leader Executive), Bradley University (MBA), Benedictine University (MBA) or Illinois State University (MBA). All current registered nurses planning to pursue one of the above graduate degrees are invited to apply.
McKnight Nursing Scholarship Criteria
- The UnityPoint Health - Methodist l Proctor Foundation will provide tuition assistance to a student enrolled in one of the above mentioned graduate level programs as determined by the UnityPoint Health Executive Team. Scholarship award winners for the McKnight Scholarship Trust will demonstrate aptitude for the particular postgraduate or advanced course of study which they desire, the demonstrated skills of the nurse in their previous professional positions, the dedication to a career in nursing and the need for financial assistance.
- The McKnight Nursing Scholarship is designed to provide the financial means to help nurses complete a graduate level program. UnityPoint Health employees may be eligible to apply, if they have completed at least 6 months of employment with UnityPoint Health, are in good standing and have received a good or above on their last performance review, if applicable.
- The assistance is awarded on an annual basis, so scholarship renewal applications must be made each year.
- Students must maintain a cumulative 2.7 grade point average on a scale of 4.0. Students will be given one probationary semester if their grade point average falls below the standard. Financial assistance will be terminated at the end of the probationary semester if the grade point average remains unacceptable and financial repayment of all financial assistance accrued from inception of the provision of funds plus interest will be required in accordance with the provision of the agreement made between the parties.
- Financial Assistance provided by UnityPoint Health through the McKnight Nursing Scholarship may be used for tuition costs only and will be paid directly to the school.
- Recipients of the McKnight Graduate Nursing Scholarship must sign a loan agreement to include employment with UnityPoint Health after program completion. Terms of this agreement will include but are not limited to, an employment requirement of no less than 1 year of full time work commitment following degree completion for each year of scholarship received.
- Two written references should be submitted with the application of which, one must be from your Director or Vice President. The second may be from another UnityPoint or community leader. Along with the written references applicants will need to submit an essay of 350-500 words that explains how your graduate studies will align with the mission and vision of UnityPoint Health.
Printable McKnight Graduate Nursing Scholarship Criteria and Application (PDF)