PNC Bank Presidential Scholarship
With a vision to help students entering careers in healthcare or human services to achieve their educational goals, PNC Bank - Peoria has established the PNC Bank Presidential Scholarship at Methodist College. The $20,000 annual award will be given to four, incoming Methodist College students who demonstrate a dedication to learning and a passion for the Peoria community.
The PNC Presidential Scholarship will award $5,000 per year ($2,500 per semester), per student. The scholarship will follow the students through their education at Methodist College if they continue to meet the educational requirements. Eligible students starting at Methodist College in the fall 2018 will be able to apply.
Initial Award Criteria:
- New-to-Methodist College students
- Bachelor's degree seeking
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 for high school and/or earned college credit
- If less than 30 college credits have been earned, the student must demonstrate a competitive ACT/SAT score
- Through essays, the student must demonstrate a dedication to learning, passion for the Peoria community, articulate how the scholarship will help them achieve their educational goals, and how they plan to make a difference in the community upon graduation.
Students will be eligible to renew their award for up to 7 additional semesters (fall/spring) pending they meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in at least 12 credit hours*
- Achieve a 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Maintain good disciplinary standing
- Submit a letter of thanks (as outlined by the scholarship coordinator) each semester
- Attend the Scholarship Award Breakfast every spring
*This requirement may be waived a student's last semester, depending on the number of credit hours left for program completion.
The deadline to apply for the PNC scholarship for applicants starting at Methodist College in the fall 2018 semester is July 27, 2018.
PNC Bank Presidential Scholarship Application Portal LINK.