Center for Student Success (CSS)
The Center for Student Success offers free academic assistance to all Methodist College students in a welcoming and supportive environment. The CSS staff is committed to helping students improve upon the critical skills needed to grow and succeed in a rigorous, medically-focused curriculum. Through one-on-one tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, writing tutoring, testing, workshops, and skills assessments, we can assist students with an array of subjects and services, including:
- General education and nursing course assistance
- Test-taking strategies and NCLEX prep
- Mathematics and math for meds
- Writing assistance and paper reviews
- Study skills and time management
- Reading comprehension and critical thinking
- Biological and physical sciences
To learn more about our services, visit the CSS located in room W178, or call 672-5957 or 672-4938 to set up an appointment.
View our CSS YouTube Channel, or look up tips on how to study and evaluate your learning style.
CSS Operating Hours
Fall 2016 hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 1 - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 12 - 4 p.m.
Tricia Fox, MA
Director of CSS and ADA Coordinator
Melissa Williams, RN, BSN
Nursing Success Coordinator
Jennifer McMurtry, RN, BSN
Nursing and Health Sciences Tutor