Methodist College is committed to providing our community with a safe educational environment. The following services help ensure the safety and well-being of all students, staff, and faculty:
- Identification card access is required to enter the Methodist College building at all doors. The college's hours are: Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 11 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Security cameras monitor all entry points into the campus building, parking areas, and building corridors.
- Smoke detectors and sprinkler systems are installed in all classrooms and common areas.
- Random security checks are performed throughout the day, evening, and early morning hours.
- Several 911 emergency phones are located throughout the campus property.
Methodist College Campus Safety provides the following services:
- Campus security
- Crime reporting
- Escort to vehicle
- Vehicle assistance
Vehicle Assistance and Parking Information
For information about parking regulations, please refer to the 2022-2023 Student Handbook and the parking map. If you experience any of the following situations and need assistance, please notify Campus Safety at 672-4500.
- Need parking information
- Need a battery jump (available at no charge)
- Locked out of your car
Campus Alert System
If you would like to receive automated calls and/or text messages about campus closings and safety notices, you can enroll in the automated messaging system using this form. If you are receiving notifications and wish to opt out, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be unenrolled. Students are automatically removed from the system after graduation or withdrawal.
Follow these tips both on and off campus:
- Park in a visible area
- Ask for an escort
- Remove valuables from your car
- Keep calm and ready
- Start your car after locking the doors
- Always have your cell phone with you
- Find your keys before you walk
- Examine your surroundings and car
Disclosure of Crime Statistics
Methodist College prepares the Campus Safety report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act. This report is prepared in collaboration with local law enforcement agencies.
Each year this report is provided to all enrolled students, faculty, and staff. Copies of the report may also be obtained in the Methodist College offices of Campus Safety and the Human Resources. All prospective employees may obtain a copy from the Human Resources Office.
A daily campus crime log is available from the Campus Safety Office.
2023 Combined Annual Safety & Fire Safety Report
Methodist College Campus Safety Office
7600 N. Academic Drive
Peoria, IL 61615