Covers the cost of establishing the applicant's file. This fee is non-refundable.
Covers the cost of suite of services and examinations required in the BSN prelicensure programs. These include pre-tests for self-assessment, standardized testing of nursing knowledge, review materials, books, and the on-campus three-day review for NCLEX-RN®.
Covers graduation administrative costs (cap and gown expenses are not included).
Provides assurance of prospective student's intent to enroll in Methodist College. This fee will be applied to the first tuition bill and is nonrefundable.
Covers the cost of the disposable equipment and supplies used in laboratory classes, the Learning Resource Center, and the Simulation Center.
Late Registration Fee
Covers the cost to register after course registration has closed.
Paid to sources other than the College (Prices will vary)
- Uniforms and Accessories: Uniforms, shoes, stethoscopes, and other equipment as required by programs.
- Books and Supplies: Cost varies each semester
- Laptop: See Minimum Laptop Computer Specifications in the Student Handbook
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance: Required for nursing students and renewed annually.
- Course Proficiency Fee: Amount student pays to take the written or performance examination to meet criteria for waiver of selected course(s).
- Cap and Gown: The cost of cap and gown for graduation ceremony; paid in last semester only.
- NCLEX-RN® Fingerprinting Fee: Methodist College schedules an on-campus appointment with a licensed Live Scan vendor for fingerprinting that all NCLEX-RN® applicants must utilize, unless they are testing out of state. (Note: current practical nurses licensed in Illinois are not required to be fingerprinted when applying for a license as a registered professional nurse, but they are still required to register with CTS and Pearson VUE); paid in last semester only.
- Examsoft™: The testing service used to deliver examinations; paid each semester by students in courses with objective testing as stated in the syllabus.
Covers the costs associated with provision of security officers, lighting, and parking lot maintenance.
Payment Plan Deferment Fee
An option to pay all tuition and fees before the first day of the semester or to pay 50% of tuition and fees before the first day and the remaining balance in two equal monthly installments.
Student Development Fee
Covers the costs associated with providing student activities such as co-curricular events, career fairs, and social events.
Covers the use and support of educational technology such as WiFi, student computer laboratory, learning management system, classroom technology, and limited printing services.
Covers the cost involved i providing transcripts through Parchment, Inc.
Guarantees the student's enrollment into the program and courses; entitles student to College services from the date of payment through the end of that enrollment period.