Office of Records Management & Registration
The Office of the Records Management & Registration at Methodist College supports the mission, vision, and values of the College by:
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all student records as held by the College,.
- Impartially adjudicating compliance with academic policies,
- Maintaining student information systems, and
- Providing accessible, responsive service to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the College.
The Office of the Records Management & Registration oversees many aspects of the student enrollment process including all aspects of the registration process, transfer credit articulation, academic standing decisions, graduation processing and degree conferral, service learning, and FERPA compliance.
Course registration is managed through the Office of the Records Management & Registration. Please visit the Course Registration pages for more information on enrolling in classes and managing your class enrollment.
To prepare for registration, students should:
- Review the course schedule.
- Meet with their advisor or advising educator to discuss their progress through their chosen curriculum.
- Develop a plan A, B, & C to be best prepared for registration. Remember: Multiple plans provide for the greatest flexibility when enrolling in courses.
- Ensure that all holds have been removed from their student account.
This will help ensure that, once registration is open, a student is able to enroll in classes as efficiently as possible.
With guidance from the Divisional Deans, the Office of the Records Management & Registration
manages transfer credit for new and continuing students.
This federal law, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552a (1974), as amended, affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their educational records (an "eligible student" is a student who is 18 years of age or older or a student who attends a postsecondary institution). The regulations issued by the Department of Education protect the privacy of education records.
More information about FERPA can be found visiting the link above and also at the Department of Education FERPA website.
Questions? Need Help?
If you have any questions about the services provided in the Office of the Records Management & Registration, please reach out! You can contact us via email at email@example.com.