Degrees and Programs
Methodist College is a private, four-year institution offering certificate, baccalaureate and masters degree programs in nursing, healthcare management, and human services.
Division of Nursing
Division of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Educates students to be leaders in a healthcare, community or healthcare organization. The program offers an internship opportunity in the last semester of the program.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science | Health Sciences - This program meets the needs of adult learners who want to assume leadership roles within healthcare organizations. It is designed for those who have earned an Associate of Applied Science degree in Allied health or 30 credit hours in healthcare coursework.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical and Life Sciences - The new bachelor's degree program will provide preparatory education in the areas of Biology, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Pharmacy, and Pre-Physician Assistant.
- Bachelor of Social Work - Prepares students for a professional social work practice that promotes individual, family, and community well-being, and social and economic justice.
- Medical Assistant Certificate (MA) - Prepares students to complete administratie and clinical tasks in medical offices and clinics, and other healthcare facilities. The program prepares the student to sit one of several national certification examinations.
- Gerontology Certificate - Prepares individuals within the health care and human service sectors to provide services appropriate for an increasing population of aging clients.
The minor requires between fifteen and eighteen credit hours taken above and beyond the requirements for the major with six credits in the lower division and at least nine credits taken in the upper vision. Courses used for the degree cannot count toward the minor. Students selecting a minor may transfer in up to six hours of coursework taken at another institution. This transfer work will not include courses transferred in to apply to the major.
Information on Methodist College Minors