MSN Admission Requirements
Students seeking admission to the Methodist College Master of Science in Nursing program must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed graduate program application including a writing sample
- Pay a non-refundable Application Fee
- Provide evidence of having earned a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution with a nationally accredited program
- Have a current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Illinois
- Submit official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions of education
- Submit a favorable letter of reference from a professional contact
- Submit a favorable letter of reference from a personal or academic contact
- Have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a baccalaureate degree or cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of baccalaureate studies
Complete and send all documents to the Department of Admissions. All requirements for the master's program must be met before students will be considered for admission to the Masters in Nursing Degree program.
Applicants not meeting the above GPA requirements who have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA in their baccalaureate studies may request consideration for conditional admission by writing a letter of appeal to the Dean of Nursing.
MSN Application Checklist
MSN Pre-Licensure Application Checklist
Graduate Catalog and Handbook