Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses (RN-BSN)
The Methodist College RN to BSN program allows licensed registered nurses, who earned their nursing education credentials through an accredited diploma program or associate degree program, to take courses to earn a bachelor's degree in nursing. Continuing your education while you are working is made easy with the Methodist College RN-BSN program. This program is conducted entirely online and enables licensed nurses who have passed the NCLEX exam to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- 30 credits of nursing courses (can be completed in as little as one year depending on full-time or part-time status and number of credits transferred)
- Students can transfer up to 90 of the total 120 credits required to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. This includes credit hours earned in an Associate Degree/Diploma RN program.
- Students who have fewer than the 90 credits to transfer may need to take additional elective courses in order to fulfill the 120 credit requirement.
- The nursing curriculum expands the student's knowledge in leadership, evidence-based practice, and population health.
- Program adheres to nationally-recognized best practices and the highest standards of quality in online education.
- Courses include content recommended by the Institute of Medicine and the essentials of a baccalaureate education from the Association of Colleges of Nursing.
- The Methodist College baccalaureate and master's program in nursing are accredited by CCNE.
Advantages of the RN-BSN program
- Study and work when it is convenient for you.
- All work is done online, with no required face-to-face sessions.
- Arrange your practicums to match your schedule and achieve your goals.
- You can complete this program anywhere, even outside of Peoria.
- Financial assistance is available for those who qualify, and Methodist College works with employers who offer tuition reimbursement.
Learn about admission requirements for this program.
View this program's curriculum.
Visit Methodist College Information Sessions.
Read frequently asked questions about this program.
APPLY to the RN to BSN program.
For more information, please call 309-672-5513.
If you are a full-time nurse employed by UnityPoint Health, contact UnityPoint Health Human Resources department at your location about your eligibility for tuition reimbursement.